Saturday, November 19, 2016

Introduction

I am a 33 year old single mom of two kids who has recently attempted to get back into the dating scene. Going on the advice by a man who I respect and may have a slight crush on, I decided to make an online dating profile. Normally when someone who you have a thing for suggests you make an online profile you may not want to follow that advice but he had made a good point. I am an intelligent and attractive woman and I deserve to find someone who I can spend the rest of my life with and who will also help me raise my children. 

Simple enough, right? Or so I thought. Shortly after creating this profile and interacting with local men around my age I made a joke on my personal Facebook page about blogging my experience and now a few months later I have decided to do just that. 

But let’s back up a bit. I am single and I have standards! I have always had high standards and I was never the type to date around but after being married, having two kids, the relationship dissolving, my husband (at the time) moving 1,500 miles away and now having to be mom AND dad my standards have changed. They got higher. In the past 7 years they have met one man. I do not involve my children unless the relationship is serious. Like “I would marry you and have your babies” serious. 

I am a bit of a flirt but I am not a tease. These conversations that I post are completely organic and I am honestly trying to meet a good man, but it doesn’t seem like this is the best way to do it, obviously. But as a busy mom who is trying to get better with meeting people and communicating this is a good place to start. I am not a writer, if you can’t tell, and these conversations are blogged about because when I first started this misadventure I was posting the conversations on my Facebook page to get validation for myself because at first I thought maybe I was misleading these guys but after conversations and similar experiences from other women I have just come to the conclusion that there is usually a very good reason why a man is 30 something and single.

Ladies, never settle or lower your standards. Men, don't be that guy, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment